Saturday, August 2, 2008

Every Move I Make

I make in You
You make me move, Jesus
lyrics by David Ruis

On Wednesday, July 30th, at 5:45 a.m., China Time, we started our journey back to the USA. Joseph had an upper respiratory infection so I had been giving him an antibiotic twice a day. Before we left the hotel, I asked Chris if I should give him the antibiotic on a empty stomach. Chris said he didn't know and I didn't see anything on the label that said that it had to be taken with food. After going back and forth, I decided I would go ahead and give it to him.

On the way to the airport, I was feeding Joseph and he kept making this funny face. He would close his eyes and then show his teeth after each bite. The funny face turned out not to be so funny because by the time we reached the airport, Joseph threw up his antibiotic and his entire breakfast. I told Chris that I guess Joseph answered our question about whether to take an antibiotic on empty stomach. We changed Joseph's shirt and we were off to catch our flight. I was really worried that Joseph would not be able to eat anything because of his stomach but he, immediately, bounced back and started eating again.

On the airplane, Joseph did really great and slept 10 hours. In fact, we had to wake him so that he could eat the last meal being served before we landed. As Joseph was eating, he started making the funny face again and we had to changed him into Shirt No. 2. Joseph, immediately, bounced back again and after landing, we were off to go through US Customs. We had to claim our luggage downstairs and take it with us through Customs so that they could check it out before we left the airport. Chris got a cart for our luggage and Joseph loved pushing it around. Is was funny to see how proud Joseph was of himself pushing it around with three heavy bags not realizing that Chris was pushing it behind him. I would tell Joseph how strong he was and he would just give you that grin of his. When Chris would stop pushing the cart, Joseph would go to the front of the cart to check things out since it would not move. It was really funny watching the little mechanic look things over trying to figure out the problem. Watching him made me realize that we can do everything in our power to make things move or happen but unless God is pushing the "cart", we are not going anywhere. We just spend our time being frustrated and trying to "fix" our situation not realizing that God has stopped the "cart" for reasons we cannot understand at the moment. Then in His perfect timing, we can move “mountains” and accomplish His will through His strength.

Well, we finally made it through Customs three hours later. I decided to change Joseph's diaper since he had worked up a "surprise" pushing the luggage cart. Chris was ready to go and I said it would only take a minute. Joseph gave me another "surprise" while changing his diaper and wet his shirt. I changed Joseph into Shirt No. 3 and we were off to find my poor Dad who had been circling the airport and waiting for hours to take us home to our girls.

When we, finally, made it home, my girls greeted us with kisses and a "Welcome Home" sign they had decorated with the help of Grandma. We could not stop kissing and hugging them. I could not believe how big they had gotten and they couldn't believe how small Joseph was. All I knew at that moment was, I was so glad to be home.