Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Lift My Hands To The Heavens

For The Lord My God Is Here
I'll Sing With The Praises Of All Creation
You're My Everything
lyrics by Hillsong London




(Photo of Joseph weighing 9.5 kgs)


When we got to Guangzhou, Joseph had to have a physical on Saturday in order to complete the paperwork for his visa. First, they check his height, weight and temperature. When the nurse put him on the scales, it read 9.549 Kilograms!!!!!!!! In one week, he had GAINED 4 lbs!!!!! I was in shock even though I had been weighing him on the scales in the hotel in Shanghai and thought he was gaining weight each day. Then the doctor check his heart and lungs and went back to Joseph's paperwork. She kept reading it over and over again. I was really getting concerned because usually the process is done in one minute and then they bring in the next baby. We were in the room with the doctor for 10 minutes! Finally, our guide ask if there was something wrong. The doctor said that she could not find anything wrong with Joseph's heart and that everything was good now. The guide also ask if she was concerned about how little he was. She said he was fine and that he would grow with good nutrition. I was so overwhelmed with God's goodness and I still am!

Thank you so much for all your prayers for Joseph. God has been so faithful! In fact, Joseph is doing really great. He still has trouble keeping his balance and climbing steps when he walks but it could be because his shoes are way to big for him. :) Joseph loves his shoes and cries when you take them off because he wants to walk the town. He has sat long enough and he is always ready to go. Joseph is also always polite and stops and points as if asking permission if he can do something. If we say "yes", life is great but when we say "no", Joseph starts yelling and bringing down the house. When the little guy is yelling, it is almost like he is saying, "I tried to be polite but when polite didn't work, I had to get ugly." Then we come back to the room, he picks himself up, gives you his little grin and is ready to go again. I told my parents that Joseph is really funny but he can also be really stubborn. My Dad laughed and said, "He sounds like one of us."

When I lay him in the crib at night, he will reach his little hand through the bars to hold my hand to make sure that I am there. He will do this several times then he will roll over and go to sleep. He still rocks in the middle of the night but it is less frequent and less intense.

I can't thank you enough for all your prayers for Joseph. Please keep praying because God is answering and I know that even if Joseph loses his balance along the way, God will be there to take his hand and pick him up. "For I am the Lord, your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you" (Isaiah 41:13).

3 comments:

The Hindsman's said...

Wonderful news on his physical! I am so glad you are all doing well. We can't wait to see you guys.

Robbie said...

Tanya and Chris,
How GREAT is our God that he would bring you to this precious little boy. Joseph is a cutie. What a BLESSING!!!! Your story is an inspiration. God is performing miracles right before our eyes.

Your lives are shouting His praise!
Robbie

Chrissy Bruso said...

Chris and Tanya, I'm overwhelmed by God's faithfulness to Joseph through your family. I was in tears as I read your blog and how Joseph gained four pounds in just one week!! Wow. I appreciate your love for God and faithfulness to Him through yet another chapter of your adoption journey. So Joseph's room has bunk beds, huh? :-) I love you guys!!