Monday, August 18, 2008

Let Them Be Little


How it amazes me
you're changin' with every blink.
Faster than a flower blooms,
they grow up all too soon.
So let them be little,
'Cause they're only that way for a while.
lyrics by Billy Dean


Today, my girls started school. Sami is in 2nd Grade and Mali and Lili are both in Kindergarten. The girls were really excited. I kept praying that they would not be nervous and that God would give them peace. The funny thing is that they were fine and I was the one that was so nervous. After I dropped them off, it hit me that they were growing up on me and, of course, I cried. Suddenly, I missed their laughter, their silly songs and all of their performances in the living room. I just missed them. I could tell Joseph missed them, too, and he had only been with them for 3 weeks.

As a Mom, I have tried so many times to make them be little grown ups. Now all I wanted was to let them be little and not be so grown up.

No comments: