Monday, August 4, 2008

Kiss of Heaven




My Jesus, dream-maker
My Jesus, life-giver
I´m living under the kiss of Heaven
And I´ll never ever be the same again
lyrics by Darlene Zschech


Tonight, I asked Joseph if he would give me a kiss. I really wasn't expecting one because I thought he would not understand what I was saying. To my surprise, he gave me a kiss. I decided to see if he would kiss the girls even though he has not welcomed their kisses for him. In fact, I could tell that he couldn't understand why they kept loving on him, again and again, when he would not love them back. So I took the risk and ask Joseph to kiss Sami. He went right over, without hesitation, and gave her a big kiss. Sami loved it and we all cheered! Then he kissed Chris, Mali and Lili! We all cheered again and he was so proud of himself. Sami said, "I can tell Joseph is feeling closer to us." I agreed and told her that we just need to keep loving on him.

Joseph still sets limits on how much love the girls can give him but I know that, in time, he will be able to love and receive love with his whole heart because Jesus will "bind up his broken heart" with kisses from Heaven (Isaiah 61:1).

1 comment:

The Hindsman's said...

That is precious! Thanks for sharing the good news.