Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Taste and See


Taste and see that the Lord is good
His love endures forever
Taste and see that the Lord is good
The Lord is good
Lyrics by Greg Bostock

When we picked up Ian from the orphanage, they handed me a bag. It was the items I had sent to Ian for his birthday through www.blessedkids.com. His blanket was still in its package, unopened, along with the other items which meant Ian never received them. I told Chris that Ian probably never even got a piece of his birthday cake, too. I was so disappointed.

Today, one of the parents in our group, Matt, celebrated his 39th Birthday. Our guide had a birthday cake delivered to his room. Matt brought us a huge piece of cake that could feed all three of us to our room. Ian was so excited that he barely let me sit down with it. As I was feeding it to him, the Lord reminded me that Ian was getting his piece of cake after all. God is so good! He makes all things right!
"Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!"
Psalm 34:8 (NLT)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just for the record Matt turned 38...he said he just looks 39! Miss seeing you guys!

Jeanna Granger