Thursday, December 2, 2010

Faithful to Believe








Is there anything to hard for the Lord?
Is there anything that He can't do?
Is there anything impossible?
Will He withhold any good thing from you, say
NO, NO, NO, NO
lyrics by Bryon Cage

In the past few days, we have gone to the Summer Palace, Beijing Zoo and even saw the Bird's Nest at Olympic Park but my favorite day was when we took a rickshaw ride through the Hutong area of Beijing. While we were in Hutong, we visited with a local family. They showed us their home and taught us how to make Chinese dumplings. The mother of the home said that Chris could make dumplings as good as the Chinese women and gave him two thumbs up. Later, they cooked the dumplings and our group ate together in their home. It was a very unique experience that I will never forget.


In the past week, Ian has also become more and more comfortable with us. He has been running back and forth in our room, "laughing all the way." Everything is merry until we have to say "no" or tell him to "wait" when he wants to go on another adventure. Let's just say that he is not "making spirits bright" in the room when he doesn't get his way. I was starting to get a little concerned with the tantrums and asked God for wisdom about what to do. God reminded me that I do the same thing at times when He tells me "no" or "wait" to what I want Him to do or let me do. It might not be a physical tantrum but it is definitely an emotional one. God also reminded me that, in time, Ian will understand just like I have that He withholds NO good thing and the joy that comes when we trust in Him (Psalm 84:11-12).

1 comment:

Erica said...

I hope I am not repeating myself...I wrote a comment but hadn't created an account yet. :)

I am grinning from ear to ear checking out these pictures! Oh my goodness, is Ian Mr. Personality or what. I mean he jumps right through these pictures and into your heart! How's the "no" game going? :)

I dreamed ya'll got to come home early... is it really a dream? I miss you.

Love,
Erica