Sunday, July 20, 2008

How Great Is Our God








Sing with me
How Great is our God!
Lyrics by Chris Tomlin



On Sunday, July 20th, we were able to finally hold our beautiful baby boy in our arms. When he smiles, he looks so much like Sami did when she was a baby. He is precious and he can't get enough kisses which we are happy to provide. He also cannot get enough food and has not stopped eatting since we have been here. In the middle of the night, while he is sleeping, he will hold one arm on the crib and rock his head back and forth. I' am sure that is what he did to comfort himself. It is so hard to let him do it but if you try to stop it, he wakes up and cries. I keep whispering to him, "It is okay. Mama is here" but I know, like Lili, it will take time. When I cried about it, Chris said, "You would rock, too, if you had to stay in a crib for 3 years. He has been through a lot. " He has been in the crib for most of his days because he can barely walk and has a hard time keeping his balance but just like Mali, it will take time. And in God's time, He makes everything so beautiful (Ecc 3:11).

10 comments:

Bridget said...

We love you guys!! You are so faithful!! As I was reading your post, my heart was just breaking!! I just wanted to be there with you and wrap my arms around you and cry with you!! But God is with you!! He is your comfort and your source of joy!! It is such a testimony that you are giving God all the glory in your joy and in your pain and doubts. Stay faithful. Praise God for His steadfast love!!! See you soon!!

The Sands

carolyn said...

Tanya I'm at the radio station and when I get home post a longer comment. You are in our prayers.
Aunt Carolyn

susan barber said...

Praying for y'all! He's beautiful!

carolyn said...

Tanya, Joseph is so cute!!I have tried several times to send a comment but could never get it done.I wanted to tell you i talked to Lili and she quoted Pro. 3: 5,6 and then she told me Jesus loves me.What a wonderful job you and Chris have done with these children.God will richly reward you.I have called my friends and gave a request on Family Alter at the Radio Station for little Joseph and for you also.love you,carolyn

The Hindsman's said...

I am so happy Joseph is in your arms forever!!! Love you guys!

Daniel and Sara Beaty said...

How sweet! I love it that he can't get enough kisses! We are praying for you and cute little Joseph! God gave me the same verse. He DOES make all things beautiful! He is faithful and I am
inspired by your faithfulness to Him! We love you all!
Sara

Daniel and Sara Beaty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel and Sara Beaty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Is Joseph cute or what?! Will we get kisses too? He is SO happy and smiley...of course we should not be one bit surprised because GOD is AMAZING and HE hears our prayers even before we utter them.

Has mister "Large and in Charge" had an ice cream cone yet? :)

The minute I saw his picture I immediately saw Sami! :) I just think that is so cool...

We miss you guys. I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call..aren't you coming home soon?
Love,
The Clarks

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!
I am so thankful God has brought you all together!
Isaiah 43:5 comes to mind
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
Know that we are praying for you all! And for Joseph's smooth transition into his forever family!! God searched the world over to find the perfect boy for you and that HE DID!!

Love and Blessings
Mark and Sue
PS R has rocked like that to comfort himself since he was very little and still does!