Sunday, December 26, 2010

He Never Sleeps

And He never sleeps, He never slumbers
He never tires of hearing our prayer
When we are weak, He becomes stronger
So rest in His love and cast all of your cares
on Him
lyrics by Don Moen
Photos: Ian adjusting to the new time zone.


After three flights, twenty hours of flying time, an active two year old and one amazing God, we made it back to Atlanta on Friday, December 10, 2010. The ride from the airport seemed like an eternity. It actually felt like I was in a dream. When we finally arrived home and were able to see the kids, you could have heard our screams for miles. Ian jumped right in just like he had always been here and the kids just adored him.

We had skyped our kids each day from China so Ian was already familiar with everyone. This was the first time that we had used Skype in China. I don't think I would have survived the 18 days without it. What a blessing it was to be able to see the kids each day. It was also fun for them to be able to show us things you could not see over the phone like drawings, cartwheels, toy guitar playing and dancing.

On our first night home, I begged God for Ian to sleep through the night because I had not slept the night before we left China nor on the flights back home. I knew this would be impossible because Ian was on a totally different time zone. God answered my prayer because Ian slept through the entire night and didn't wake up until eight o'clock the next morning. The following nights were a different story. Ian would wake up in the middle of the night, bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to play. I knew that it would take time to adjust to the new time zone but I was so exhausted. Even so, I also knew that the One who never tires and never sleeps would watch over me, hold me up and not let me stumble nor fall (Psalm 121:3-4).

No comments: