Saturday, December 25, 2010

All I Want

'Cause all I really want for Christmas
Is someone to tuck me in
Tell me I'll never be alone
Someone whose love will never end
lyrics by Steven Curtis Chapman
Photo: Our group in China


On our last night in China I was so full of emotions. I was so ready to be at home in the U.S. but part of my heart will always be in China where our children took their first breath. Each time we have come to China I questioned God why we had to stay so long, always begging him to somehow shorten it. A close friend told me that these were precious gifts of time from God. Time that we had missed that He allowed me to capture with each child in our days in China.

Today, I feel so humbled and blessed that God had a different plan for my life than I ever expected. A plan that would carry us across the other side of the world to comfort a child who desired a family and gave us the joy as the parents of these precious children (Psalm 113:9).

No comments: