Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You're Not Alone

You're not alone for I am here
Let me wipe away every fear
I've never left your side
I have seen you through the darkest night
lyrics by Meredith Andrews
Photo: Confetti (snow) from Heaven to celebrate Jesus' Birthday on Christmas Night.


Praise God!!! Chris did finally passed something through his intestines and was able to hold down food. On Tuesday, December 21, 2010, we were able to leave the hospital. It was so good to be back at home and the kids were thrilled to see him. Even though Ian was happy to see Chris, you could tell he was mad at his daddy for "leaving" him. He was definitely giving him the cold shoulder for most of the day. When Chris was still in the hospital, I had taken the kids up to the hospital for about twenty minutes one day to see him. Ian probably thought Chris was in a hotel like in China instead of coming home to see him. I could also relate because I had felt like God was on vacation when Chris was put in the hospital when we just got back from China.

Later that day, Chris was sitting in the living room and Ian walked by and threw something at him. He was not playing around. I would tell Ian "no" and put him in time out for two minutes in his crib. As soon as Ian was out, he would pick up another toy or book and throw it at Chris. He would always pick up something heavy and it always landed on Chris' stomach. The process repeated itself until Chris finally spanked his hand. Chris barely touch him but Ian's heart broke in two. He fell to the ground and wailed. I knew that he was crying because he didn't understand why Chris had left him for so long and he was hurt. While Ian was still crying, Chris put his arms around him and kissed him. Ian looked up at him and stopped crying. At that moment, Ian knew that his daddy still loved him. I only wished Ian could have known how hard Chris has pushed himself to get home to them. It also made me realize how hard my heavenly Father had worked this past week to make me see that He was there the whole time, had never left my side and that He loved me. "The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged" (Deuteronomy 31:8).

No comments: